Monday, March 10, 2008

Fixing the house and waiting for spring


It's hard coming up with a topic for this week's newspaper column. Of course, I could write about the dog - most of the readers seem to love hearing about Sarah Jane, but she hasn't done anything remotely stupid over the past few days. I'm sure she'll come up with something soon, though.

Looks like a shopping trip coming up in a few days, and, as usual, I'll spend my time in Barnes & Noble. I'd live there if they'd let me. Coffee, treats, books, magazines, music - what's not to love?

We're still working on the house. I should say that hubby is doing most of the work, now that he's retired, and I *go* to work - finally at a job I love. The people are fantastic; they're friendly, compassionate, smart and funny.

We're waiting, somewhat impatiently, for our friends to return from Florida. They seem to have found something there, and I remember one couple telling us that there are a lot of Kewanee people living there year-round. We lived in Arizona for over six years, and I wasn't thrilled. Hubby and the kids loved it; I hated it. But Florida sounds colorful, and of course, there are the beaches, something Arizona lacked.

We'll see. It depends on the housing market in our area, which really hasn't been too awful. There is still quite a bit to do to get the place ready, but we're getting there.

No comments: