Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ugh, it's that time of year again - DST


Why? Can someone explain why we need Daylight Savings Time to start early?
It was bad enough we started the whole thing in the first place, but last year there was an experiment to see how much energy we could save by beginning this awful practice early and ending it late.
I'll tell you something, I haven't been the same since the weekend. Sunday flew by, Monday I was so sleepy I couldn't see straight, and today my motivation is out the window. I desperately need to take a nap, but don't feel I can afford it.
The column had to be written, and there are three articles to get to, and I'm thrilled the column is indeed finished.
It was easy to write the piece once I realized that my mind has been stuck somewhere in the past for the past few days.
There's a wedding picture of my mom and dad that hangs on the wall in the foyer alongside the stairs. I got to thinking about them the other day, got out a folder with some notes I've taken over the years (with the thought of using it in my memoir). Reading about our days in Sheffield, mom's illness, her side of the family, and looking at pictures stirred up feelings that had to be put down on paper. I will add those notes to the originals, and put something together in a week or so.
Maybe being tired and introspective isn't such a bad thing. Some memories are comforting, and those are the ones I plan to visit.
Gotta go. Time for a nap.

No comments: